Why an Orthodontist?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Our doctors have continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, our doctors have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Monterey Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Monterey orthodontist's office every six to eight weeks.
Testimonials from your Monterey orthodontist patients
I love Wow Smiles. I am currently taking my daughter and she is happy with her treatment so far. The staff is very friendly and professional. I highly recommend this place, they work hard to accommodate your needs and the payment plan is excellent.
My WOW! Smiles experience was awesome! The staff was really nice and very friendly. I felt welcomed and the service was nice also. The payment plan was affordable and I would recommend Wow Smiles to anyone.
I had my braces done here and they did an amazing job! The staff is very nice, and they always explain what they are doing to put their patients at ease. Highly recommend them!