Your Life-Changing Smile Starts Here
If you’re looking into orthodontic treatment, you’re probably wondering what to expect as a new patient.
Don’t worry, here’s all the info you need to get you smiling in no time.
Getting Started Brochure
Effort on your part increses your reward. The more you put into your treatment, the better the results!
What to Expect at Your Free Exam
At your first visit to our office for your free exam, you’ll enjoy our one-of-a-kind WOW! experience, and you’ll see what truly makes us different.
Our goal is to make sure your first visit with us is pleasant, comfortable, and informative, so we welcome as many questions as you need. You’ll leave understanding your custom treatment options and feel confident in the expert hands of our doctors and staff.
Have you scheduled your first exam and are wondering what you can expect? The first visit to a doctor’s office can sometimes seem intimidating, especially for kids.
That’s why our expert Treatment Coordinators and staff are here to guide you along every step of your new orthodontic journey.
What We’ll Do Together
During your first appointment we’ll:
- Welcome you to the WOW! Smiles Family
- Review your health history
- Take digital records including X-rays at our office for your convenience
- Receive a thorough exam by an orthodontist
- Summarize your specific orthodontic needs and concerns
- Our expert doctors will explain your treatment options tailored to your needs
- Provide your treatment length summary
- Discuss financial options with our treatment coordinator and work together to identify a payment option that will best suit your financial needs
- If you’re ready, you can typically get started with your braces or Invisalign that very same day!
Start Your Orthodontic Treatment the Same Day
We value the relationship that we’ll build with you and your family throughout that process and want you to be confident that you’re receiving the best orthodontic care possible.
Once you feel like we've answered all of your questions and concerns, we’re happy to get the ball rolling. We value your time and want to help you make the most of it by giving you the option to start treatment on the SAME DAY!
What to Bring
Please bring the following information with you to your first visit:
- Any X-Rays (if you have any from your dentist)
- A list of medications you’re currently taking
- Medical and dental insurance information
- Completed patient registration forms. Find them online!
Please let us know if you have a medical condition that could affect your treatment, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc. or if you are on any medications like heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.
Fewer Follow-Up Appointments
Your first braces appointment usually takes about an hour. After that appointment, you’ll see us at regular intervals approximately eight-ten weeks apart for an adjustment.
As your teeth shift, the wires need to adjust to keep them moving into the desired position. These adjustment appointments usually take about 20 minutes.
With our self-ligating braces technology, we can minimize the number of visits to our office for treatment because they require far fewer wire adjustments than ordinary braces.
That means you’ll miss less school and work! Make sure you keep these scheduled appointments, follow instructions, eat healthy foods, and practice great oral hygiene. Of course, you’ll also need to continue seeing your dentist regularly.
If, for some reason, you cannot keep your scheduled appointment, please contact us as soon as possible so we can reschedule and get you back in as quickly as possible. Staying up to date with your appointments can help shorten your overall treatment time.
Our WOW! Smiles™ team is ready to help you get started on the journey to the smile of your dreams! If you have any more questions about your first orthodontic visit, please call us at (844) 900-4969.