335 El Dorado St #8
Monterey, CA 93940
Monday: 8:15am to 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:15am to 5:00
Wednesday: 8:15am to 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:15am to 5:00pm
Friday: 8:15am to 5:00pm
Why an Orthodontist?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Our doctors have continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, our doctors have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Del Ray Oaks Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Del Ray Oaks orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Del Ray Oaks orthodontist's office every six to eight weeks.